Adjunct Associate Professor of Philosophy
Advisor, Honor Council
- Ph.D., U.C. Berkeley (1995)
- M.A., U.C. Berkeley (1983)
- A.B., Stanford University (1980)
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Philosophy and History of Resistance
- Critical Theory
- Personal Identity and Identity Politics
- History of Social & Political Philosophy
- Contemporary Political Philosophy
- Philosophy and Politics of Identity
- Freedom and Authority
- Western Civilization
- History and Culture of Quebec
- History and Philosophy of Education
UPCOMING COURSE INFORMATION
Block 8, 2012-13: PH 243
Philosophy and Politics of Identity
A study of changes philosophical conceptions of identity and identity politics in the last 40 years.
Blocks 2-7, 2013-14: PH 456
An extended-format course focusing on Philosophy Colloquium Series speakers. With Marion Hourdequin.
Block 2, 2013-14: PH 203
French Philosophy in Context
French philosophy, 1930-present. Taught in Paris! With Jonathan Lee. Click HERE
for more infomation.
Block 3, 2013-14: PH 342
A study of the development of radical political philosophy in the last century, beginning with the Frankfurt School.
Block 7, 2013-14: PH 203
Early 20th-century US responses
to change & diversity. Taught in Chicago! Click HERE