Adjunct Associate Professor of Philosophy
Advisor, Honor Council
- Ph.D., U.C. Berkeley (1995)
- M.A., U.C. Berkeley (1983)
- A.B., Stanford University (1980)
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Philosophy and History of Resistance
- Critical Theory
- Personal Identity and Identity Politics
- History of Social & Political Philosophy
- Contemporary Political Philosophy
- Philosophy and Politics of Identity
- Freedom and Authority
- Western Civilization
- History and Culture of Quebec
- History and Philosophy of Education
UPCOMING COURSE INFORMATION
Blocks 1-2, 2014-15: GS 101
Freedom & Authority
A two-block FYE course that meets the West in Time requirement. Open to first-year students only.
Block 4, 2014-15: PH 341
Contemporary Political Philosophy
A survey of recent political philosophy, focussing on reactions to the work of John Rawls. One unit in Philosophy or junior standing required.
Block 5, 2014-15: PH 245
History of Social & Political Philosophy: Modern Debates
A survey of modern social and political philosophy, Hobbes to the present.
Block 7, 2014-15: PH 476
The capstone course for Philosophy majors. Open to seniors in Philosophy only.